Computer and Technology
It is a 3-year integrated curriculum designed for Junior form students, and aims at nurturing students the basic computer literacy, enable them to understand the scope of computer processing and enable them to master IT skills to solve problems in daily life and learning. At the same time, construct students’ basic knowledge of science and technology concepts, processes and skills, aware of the impact of technology on soceity, and cultivate students’ technological literacy.
After completing the junior curriculum of C&T, students should be able to :
- integrate the elements in different technology domain and understand their interrelationships
- understand how to consider design factors and complete the process of a product design
- explore the characteristics of different materials and understand their impact on the society
- understand how to solve daily problem in technology, through hands-on activites with logical and creative thinking
- have a basic understanding of the business world and business environment
- have a deeper understanding on some areas such as automation control, project management, and concepts of programming
Information Communication and Technology
S.4 - S.6
In Senior forms, we aim to students to understand more computer hardware, understand the impact on individuals and society, be able to use IT tools proficiently, choose appropriate and integrated use IT tools to meet the future needs of students in work and life.
After completing 3-year senior curriculum of ICT, students should be able to :
- develop knowledge and understanding of the range and organisation of computer systems, and the interrelationships between hardware, software and data; and
- realise the social, ethical and legal issues pertaining to the use of ICT.
- use a range of applications software effectively, ethically and with discrimination to support information processing and problem-solving; and
- demonstrate an understanding of methods for analysing problems, and planning and implementing solutions using ICT
- appreciate how information literacy and the sharing of knowledge using ICT influence decision-making and shape our society; and
- develop responsible and positive attitudes towards the use of ICT.