Admissions to S.1 - S.5
Admissions to S.1 - S.5
1. Fill in the application form. (An application form can be downloaded here or obtain one from our General Office.
2. For online application, please click here.
3. Submit the completed application form with the original and 1 photocopy of the following documents in person:
- Applicant’s HKID card, birth certificate or passport
- Parent’s/guardian’s HKID card or passport
- Original copy of recent report cards
- Original copy of award certificiates (if any)
- Address proof (e.g. electricity bill)
4. Pay $10 application fee.
5. Shortlisted applicants will be asked to attend an entrance test followed by an admission interview.
(Parents/ legal guardians may be invited to an interview.)
6. Successful applicants will be notified by phone/mail/email.
- Academic ability
- Language ability
- Participation in extra-curricular activities and other learning activities
- Parental support
- Interview performance
Assessment of eligibility:
- All our students with financial need can apply through their parents/guardians.
- Applicant’s family financial situation will be assessed.
- Priority will be given to the applicants receiving CSSA or beneficiaries of Student Finance Office of the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency (WFSFAA). Beneficiaries of CSSA or full/half subsidies in WFSFAA will receive full school fee remission.
- The amount of remission and the number of beneficiaries are subject to adjustment and depend on the number of applications of the school year and the school’s finance.
- Government’s AFI mechanism is referred and the school reserves the right for the final approval of the application. AFI mechanism is illustrated below:
- Gross annual income of the family includes the annual income of the applicant and his/her spouse; 30% of the annual income of unmarried child / children residing with the family if applicable; and the contribution from relatives / friends if applicable.
- The members of a family normally refer to the applicant, his/her spouse, unmarried child / children residing with the family and the dependent parent(s) who are supported by the applicant and/or his/her spouse.
- For single-parent families of 2 to 3 members, the ‘plus 1 factor’ in the divisor of the AFI formula will be increased to 2.
- Year-level scholarships and achievement awards for the most outstanding student in each subject or important aspect of school life, such as sports, extra-curricular activities and service.
- Generous and different levels of scholarships for students achieving the best and minimum performances in HKDSE.
- Emergency assistance to help students buy textbooks, uniform or even lunch will be given should special urgent needs arise through our Student Emergency Relief Fund. Subsidy Schemes. Beneficiaries of CSSA or full subsidies in Travel Subsidy Schemes will receive full school fee remission. Half rate beneficiaries of Student Travel Subsidy Schemes will receive half school fee remission.